Friday, April 6, 2007

The Gorm Graduates

My sister (a.k.a. "Gorm") graduated last March 30, 2007, majoring in Humanities and minoring in Hispanic Studies (whew). The rites were held at the Ateneo High School gym at four o'clock in the afternoon. I didn't go to the baccalaureate mass earlier that day because I was. Urm. Asleep.

Erika, our ex-roommate and Gorm's professed "soul mate" stopped by to bid congratulations and then some. We miss you, Ewika-uh!



With the mother and the father. The AHS grounds have really improved since last year. I noticed that they were also feeling the Zen vibe thing in the Berchman-Kostka-Gonzaga area. It's a lovely afternoon. La-di-dah!



The graduates sat in front, followed by the faculty, then the parents of the honor students, then the parents, then finally, us. Mere mortals. Feeble humans possessing blue passes and forced telescopic vision. I had to make do with watching this projected video. I swear that that bluish blur's my sister.



After the ceremonies. She's looking for important people to be photographed with.



Sure enough, I managed to take quick shot of her with Father Ben Nebres, our university president. Just look at all the scholarly bling! He has a Ph.D in Math from Harvard or something. Sorreh :-)



Pandemonium in the Ateneo High School gym.



The lights at the back look like fireflies... Yey :-)



The parentals waiting. Patiently.



Post-graduation dinner at Italianni's, Eastwood.











Congratulations, Gorm!